I have a serious case of wanderlust and it’s not going away!
Knowing that Coachella is happening and i’m not there is making it worse, and so is watching any TV show that’s based in New York. Let’s not even get me started on my desperate need to go to London.
I just really want to travel the world and feel those emotions that I felt when I was away exactly two years ago. It’s been two years too long.
Due to my wanderlust I created this edit. It’s just one of those “if I were getting on a plane right now what would I wear?” edits. Yes, I would wear jeans, I could sleep in jeans if I wanted to.
Here’s to staying in school and the thought of dancing at Coachella.
32 AUD – missselfridge.com
1 070 AUD – thecorner.com
65 AUD – bluefly.com
89 AUD – stelladot.com
97 AUD – veryexclusive.co.uk
41 AUD – victoriassecret.com
185 AUD – selfridges.com
125 AUD – roztayger.com
Got somewhere to be? Do you have work meetings or interviews and never know what to wear? Well, I can give you a run down of the basics!
In the cold, corporate world there is a strict dress code, and first appearances mean almost everything. Here are some rules to abide by for the next time you find yourself in a spot of bother.
1) Block colours are a necessity. In many instances, an employer is not only looking for professionalism, but also for personality. Depending on the work place, playing it safe and practical is probably the best way to go. Black and white is always perfect, because you can still wear things that are suited to your style, but also come across as a well put-together person!
2) Watch the length of your skirt. You don’t want to be walking up stairs while desperately tugging at your skirt. If it’s a loose fitting skirt, the wind is your worst nightmare!
3) Basic and elegant makeup. This means that you’ll probably have to save the electric blue eyeliner and baby blue eyeshadow for the weekend.
4) Practical shoes. What position are you applying for? What type of job? Wearing your gorgeous sky high heels is probably great practise for your next outing, but probably not the best idea for your interview! Heels are definitely acceptable, just make sure you know how to walk in them!
5) Coming from the person who adores ripped jeans – Don’t even think about wearing them for your interview! So maybe you want to wear black pants, great idea! You can probably get away with wearing black jeans and making them fit into the ‘smart casual’ bracket. Ripped jeans, however, are a massive no!
Stick to things like shirts (that actually fit you!), plain skirts, black pants and comfortable shoes!
Below i’m wearing:
- Missguided Morticia Skull Lazer Cut Bodycon dress in black
- Bardot oversized military coat
- H&M Boots and Bag