One size fits all? No worries, this top barely holds both boobs, but all women are built the same, true?
The bedside table: Necessity central.
Everything you use daily is normally here. If you’re like me, my bedside table needs to be more practical than display-worthy, but I’ve tried to get the best of both worlds by making my essentials look somewhat presentable!
On my bedside table, I have:
- Vintage beaded lamp (find similar here)
- iPod dock and alarm clock (find similar here)
- Jewellery stand from DIVA (find similar here)
- ‘Italia’ snow globe that I picked up from a gift store just outside of the Vatican walls
- Ring dish from Ceramiche Picadilly, which I got when I was travelling along the Amalfi Coast
- Another ceramic dish from F.lli Calzuola in Deruta, Italy which was given to me from my brother, which holds a mini Glasshouse candle (Tahaa)
- My most used jewellery
- Rachel Zoe’s “Style A to Zoe” and “Living in Style“
- Kardashian Konfidential by Kim, Khloe, and Kourtney Kardashian
- Ultimate Fashionista: The Young Hollywood Style Guide by Alana Wulff
- “Parisian Chic” By Ines de la Fressange
- Taschen 365 day-by-day Fashion Ads of the 20th Century
- Silver Jewellery box from Ishka
- “Be Careful What You Wish For” and “Don’t Know What You’ve Got Till It’s Gone” by Gemma Crisp
- Italian/English copy of “Romeo and Juliet” by William Shakespeare which I purchased at Juliet’s House (La casa di Giulietta) in Verona.
- My treasured “Lucky Us (For being such good friends)” book, given to me by Miss Emily C. (The book is also printed with soy inks… how cool, right?!)
- Willowtree Angel figurine
- Every copy of Elle and Vogue that I have collected so far!
The ‘I have one room to cram all of my things in’ shelf/shelves: This is literally as the title stated.
I am still living at home with my family, and therefore, I have one room that needs to act as a bedroom, study, bathroom, and lounge room. So every little trinket, perfume bottle, book, or basically anything that belongs to me needs to be stored here. This can make for a very cluttered space. Unlike some people, I cannot tolerate clutter… I can’t focus and I do not enjoy the time that I spend in that space, therefore, I need to be incredibly selective with everything that I have around; this makes things a lot harder, especially if you’re sentimental like I am! However, there is light at the end of the tunnel, and that light comes in the form of storage! I’ve used this 6 square bookshelf to store my favourite little ornaments, and have also converted it to a display, which comes in handy when I’m getting ready to go out. Here I also have a canvas made by my two best friend’s sister, Jessica C.(You can take a look at, and purchase her other work here), with Paris, London, and New York snow globes displayed in front of it, which I picked up from a cute little gift shop in Greensborough. The rest of the shelves either have photo frames or magazines!
The mini Oval Office: Where all official business is taken care of.
My desk is probably one of my favourite parts of my room. Everything that inspires me is staring right at me, motivating me to continue my homework, blog posts, uni and job applications!
Just a side note, I do not enjoy having dead flowers on my desk… I just don’t want to throw them out until I replace them! My little orchid plant has lasted ages and the flowers should bloom again soon! Plus, dead/dying roses are really morbidly metaphorical and honestly, I kind of find them beautiful.
I also have swarmed my desk with candles. why? you may ask: because it creates a really relaxing mood when I’m cramming last minute homework!
Included on my desk is…:
- Owl pen holder from Typo (Find similar here)
- Indulgence ‘city’ candles (Rome, London, New York, Paris)
- Tilley Australia Sandalwood Scented Soy Candle
- Glade Jar Candle (Cashmere Woods)
- Painting by one of my best friends, Emily C.
- Typo metal magazine holder
- Typo metal pen holder
- Photo frames with my favourite people/places
- Latest issue of Vogue or Elle (on rotation)
These parts are just some parts of my room, I haven’t even shown you guys the other side! I will be posting a “de-clutter” post soon where I will show a before and after shot of my bookshelf and the other half of my room that isn’t featured here!
All of these things that make up my room, pretty much sum me up too. I’m just a fashion loving, family orientated, friend treasuring person who really likes magazines and owns way too many books!
I know I haven’t posted in a long time, and i’m sorry! It’s been a very busy time for me with regard to school and family and every time I get a spare moment, I start writing but always get distracted with other things and so I have a whole heap of material drafted that I either haven’t finished or haven’t edited!
One of my goals, however, is to at least post once a week! and i’m going to finish of the articles i’ve begun, starting with this one!
Lately, I have become obsessed with chokers. There is something about their 90’s mystical vibe that has lured me in. I first joined the choker club with a delicate half moon choker from Seventh Sun which is really comfortable to wear and gives off a really relaxed, cool indie/hippy type of vibe. The quality is quite good from what I’ve noticed and really versatile to suit any style!
I’ve always had a ‘thing’ for crystals… crystal necklaces, rings, and even have a little crystal collection which I’ve had since I was 5. The beauty of the enigmatic stones, and their ‘powers’ make them the perfect, unique accessory, as each stone is different and significant in some way. They are a very personal accessory which, although style and cut can be replicated, the stone itself can’t.
When I was in Italy, I purchased this gorgeous crystal necklace from a little market store at the base of these beautiful (and somewhat claustrophobic) krast caves in Marche, Italy, called “Le Grotte Di Frassasi” (The Frassasi caves) This necklace has been my staple every day necklace since April last year and still, to this day, I have no clue what type of a crystal it is! My closest guess is an amber stone, but I can’t be sure!
On Wednesday I also received this gorgeous Rose Quartz necklace from thelunarlabel, which is just so easy to wear and just gives me a really positive energy! For the amazing price of $8 NZD (with free postage!) I will definitely be purchasing more, next time with my favourite crystal, the amethyst!
This is the cheapest, chicest, and most unique way of changing up your style and giving it a bit of a naturally beautiful twist!