Where do I even begin to describe 2015?
2015 was the year that I met amazing people and made friends I know will be around for a long time.
2015 was the year that I worked my ass off and reached my goals.
2015 was the year that I got a taste of the real world and thrived from it.
My whole life changed pretty dramatically in 2015; firstly, I turned 18, then I started university and a new job, I got my driver’s license and was given a surprising amount of independence. This change was definitely foreseeable though, it’s the change that comes with age, with graduating high school, and most of all, with drive.
Last year, the best lesson I learned was that you can do anything if you have a goal, a deadline, and motivation. You can push through exhaustion, you can teach yourself to balance work, studies and a social life, and you can make your wildest dreams come true.
What I’m really trying to say is that no matter what you think, you are in total control of your life. Sometimes you need to be a little selfish when it comes to making changes for the greater good.
Now, let’s pretend that my hiatus from August through December never happened and let’s focus on all of the cool things that have happened to TFJ in 2015:
- We interviewed some cool people
- We partook in some cool events
- We tried and tested some super luxe products
- We upped the anti a fair bit
- We had a makeover
- We’ve collaborated with other creatives to bring you TFJ merch
- We celebrated our 2nd birthday!
I’ve also devised a list of the pros and cons of 2015 that I’m sure we can all agree on:
- The Biebs dropped a [itunes link=”https://itunes.apple.com/au/album/purpose-deluxe/id1049359399?uo=4″ title=”Purpose_(Deluxe)” text=”shit hot album”]
- Yeezy Boosts happened and even if we didn’t get them, we loved them
- 2015 chart toppers were actually good songs
- We’ve seen the world’s countries come together in times of crisis
- 2015 bought the best renditions of old styles that I’ve seen in years.
- The Paris attacks
- Jon Snow’s death (He’ll be back #TeamMelisandre)
- Nina Dobrev left The Vampire Diaries and broke all of our hearts
- Zayn left One Direction
- No one with a day job could get their hands on a pair of Yeezy Boosts
All jokes aside, Happy New Year, I hope that this year brings you all happiness, health and amazing adventures!
xx Daniela, The Fashion Journals