It’s no secret that if I found a briefcase with at least $15,000, the first thing I would do is go to the airport with an empty suitcase and move to London.
It’s okay, I’m not being completely unrealistic, I have family there and accommodation can be organised so it’s not a stupid idea, I assure you.
Lately, the wanderlust has been real and every time I shop, a motto runs through my head: “This would look awesome in London”.
With that being said, my “If I lived in London” shopping wishlist continues to grow every time I open a new internet tab.
PS: Don’t try to tell me that these items of clothing aren’t as cool as I think they are. I won’t listen.
I also have devised a list of 10 legitimate reasons why I should go to London.
1. I miss my family who live there.
2. I like cold weather.
3. I can experiment with fashion with desirable results.
4. I speak English.
5. British Pound Sterling. Have you seen how low the cost of living is there compared to Australia? (let’s forget about the crap exchange rates) MAC lipsticks are £16 compared to $36 AUD.
5. There are endless paid internships available in the fashion industry (I know this because I follow @fashionworkie on Twitter)
6. I love Shakespeare.
7. I’m studying probably the most versatile degree ever, London offers plenty of courses that co-inside with my degree (I have also looked into this with great detail)
8. I like British bands
9. I’m happy with the monarchal government (and it’s future leaders)
10. I can do the best British accent ever.
PS: This is all hypothetical, Mum…